Powered By Blogger
Google
 


Conscious Flow Radio


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Defender of Jail Abuse Pleads Amnesia

IF EVER there was a case that cried out for enhanced interrogation techniques, it was the appearance of the Pentagon's former top lawyer in the US Senate.
William "Jim" Haynes II, the man who blessed the use of dogs, hoods and nudity to pry information out of recalcitrant detainees, proved to be a model of evasion himself as he resisted all attempts at inquiry by the Armed Services Committee.
Did he ask a subordinate to get information about harsh questioning techniques?
"My memory is not perfect."

Did he see a memo about the effects of these techniques?
"I don't specifically remember when I saw this."

Did he remember doing something with the information?
"I don't remember doing something with this …"

When did he discuss these methods with other Bush Administration officials?
"I don't know precisely when, and I cannot discuss it further without getting into classified information."