Powered By Blogger
Google
 


Conscious Flow Radio


Showing posts with label terrorism. Show all posts
Showing posts with label terrorism. Show all posts

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two Days Before 9/11, Military Exercise Simulated Suicide Hijack Targeting New York

The US military conducted a training exercise in the five days before the September 11 attacks that included simulated aircraft hijackings by terrorists, according to a 9/11 Commission document recently found in the US National Archives. In one of the scenarios, implemented on September 9, terrorists hijacked a London to New York flight, planning to blow it up with explosives over New York.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Three cleared of helping July 7 London bombers



The three men, all from Beeston in Leeds, who have been acquitted by a jury, were the only people ever to be charged in relation to the bombings of July 2005.
They had been accused of conducting a "hostile reconnaissance" mission for the bombers seven months before the attacks.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

12 arrested after alleged 'Easter bomb plot' released without charge

Baroness Neville-Jones, shadow security minister, said: "It is very worrying that, following an investigation based on strong intelligence into what the Prime Minister described as a serious terrorist plot, the police have not been able to present sufficient evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service on which it could lay charges against any of the twelve arrested. This is bound to give rise to questions about the procedure followed.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mumbai Attacks Suspect Withdraws Confession

The only surviving suspected gunman in the Mumbai terror attacks has retracted his confession after claiming it was extracted by torture, his defence lawyer says.
"On his instruction, a retraction application has been filed, retracting the so-called alleged confession," Abbas Kazmi said.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

FBI finds most Terror Threat Reports Baseless

The FBI tracked about 108,000 potential terrorism threats or suspicious incidents from mid-2004 to November 2007, but most were found groundless, a Justice Department review found on Friday.
“The FBI determined that the overwhelming majority of the threat information documented in Guardian had no nexus to terrorism. However, as a result of information reported in Guardian the FBI initiated over 600 criminal and terrorism-related investigations from October 2006 to December 2007,” the inspector general’s report said.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Donald Rumsfeld: 'The Psychological Patterns are Wearing Off'




DELONG: "Politically, what are the challenges because you're not going to have a lot of sympathetic ears up there until it [a terror attack] happens.


RUMSFELD: That's what I was just going to say. This President's pretty much a victim of success. We haven't had an attack in five years. The perception of the threat is so low in this society that it's not surprising that the behavior pattern reflects a low threat assessment. The same thing's in Europe, there's a low threat perception. The correction for that, I suppose, is an attack. And when that happens, then everyone gets energized for another [inaudible] and it's a shame we don't have the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats...the lethality, the carnage, that can be imposed on our society is so real and so present and so serious that you'd think we'd be able to understand it, but as a society, the longer you get away from 9/11, the less...the less..."


Monday, October 13, 2008

Spanish Appeal Clears 15 of Terror Links

On appeal, the Supreme Court ruled there was insufficient evidence to prove that the 15 were members of a terrorist group, as the lower court held.
The 20 men, mainly Algerians and Moroccans, were convicted by the National Court last February of Islamic terrorist activity. None was found guilty of the more serious charge of plotting to destroy Madrid's anti-terrorism courthouse with a truck bomb.
The other four are two convicted of membership in a terrorist group and two convicted of the lesser charge of collaboration with a terrorist group. The Supreme Court also upheld their sentences, which range from five to 10 years.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Terrorist Watch List Hits One Million Names

"Members of Congress, nuns, war heroes and other 'suspicious characters,' with names like Robert Johnson and Gary Smith, have become trapped in the Kafkaesque clutches of this list, with little hope of escape," said Caroline Fredrickson, director of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office. "Congress needs to fix it, the Terrorist Screening Center needs to fix it, or the next president needs to fix it, but it has to be done soon."
"Putting a million names on a watch list is a guarantee that the list will do more harm than good by interfering with the travel of innocent people and wasting huge amounts of our limited security resources on bureaucratic wheel-spinning," said Steinhardt. "I doubt this thing would even be effective at catching a real terrorist."

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Robert Mugabe's Militia burns Opponents Wife Alive



The men who pulled up in three white pickup trucks were looking for Patson Chipiro, head of the Zimbabwean opposition party in Mhondoro district. His wife, Dadirai, told them he was in Harare but would be back later in the day, and the men departed.

An hour later they were back. They grabbed Mrs Chipiro and chopped off one of her hands and both her feet. Then they threw her into her hut, locked the door and threw a petrol bomb through the window.

The killing last Friday – one of the most grotesque atrocities committed by Robert Mugabe’s regime since independence in 1980 – was carried out on a wave of worsening brutality before the run-off presidential elections in just over two weeks. It echoed the activities of Foday Sankoh, the rebel leader in the Sierra Leone civil war that ended in 2002, whose trade-mark was to chop off hands and feet.

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Terror that Begot Israel

“We committed Nazi acts.”
Aharon Zisling, Israel’s first Agriculture Minister
“There is no doubt that many sexual atrocities were committed by the attacking Jews. Many young (Arab) girls were raped and later slaughtered. Old women were also molested.”
General Richard Catling, British Army Assistant Inspector after interrogating several female survivors (The Palestinian Catastrophe, Michael Palumbo, 1987)
The following are merely some examples of Zionist terrorism prior to the creation of the Zionist state in 1948: The list doesn’t include the bigger massacres such as Dir Yasin, Dawaymeh, Tantura and others...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Top Ranking CIA Operatives Admit Al-qaeda Is a Complete Fabrication

BBC’s killer documentary called “The Power of Nightmares“. Top CIA officials openly admit, Al-qaeda is a total and complete fabrication, never having existed at any time. The Bush administration needed a reason that complied with the Laws so they could go after “the bad guy of their choice” namely laws that had been set in place to protect us from mobs and “criminal organizations” such as the Mafia. They paid Jamal al Fadl, hundreds of thousands of dollars to back the U.S. Government’s story of Al-qaeda, a “group” or criminal organization they could “legally” go after. This video documentary is off the hook…

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The FBI allowed the 1993 WTC bombing to happen

Law-enforcement officials were told that terrorists were buildinga bomb that was eventually used to blow up the World Trade Center,and they planned to thwart the plotters by secretly substitutingharmless powder for the explosives, an informer said afterthe blast.
The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomband supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off byan F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer,Emad Salem, should be used, the informer said.

Monday, February 25, 2008

When the Terrorists were 'Our Guys'

In 1976, when George H.W. Bush was CIA director, the U.S. government tolerated right-wing terrorist cells inside the United States and mostly looked the other way when these killers topped even Palestinian terrorists in spilling blood, including a lethal car bombing in Washington, D.C., according to newly obtained internal government documents.
That car bombing on Sept. 21, 1976, on Washington’s Embassy Row, killed Chile’s former Foreign Minister Orlando Letelier and an American co-worker Ronni Moffitt, while wounding Moffitt’s husband.
Recently obtained internal FBI records and notes of a U.S. prosecutor involved in counter-terrorism cases make clear that the connections among Bush’s CIA, DINA and the Cuban Nationalist Movement (CNM) – which supplied the trigger men for the Letelier bombing – were closer than was understood at the time.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Truth or Terrorism: The Real Story Behind 5 Years of False Alerts

(Source-Rolling Stone)

"Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. There were times when some people in the administration were really aggressive about raising the threat level, and we said, 'For that?!'" — Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, May 2005

The Bush administration has never shied from playing the fear card to distract the American public from scandal or goad them into supporting a deeply flawed foreign policy. Here a history of the administration's most-dubious terror alerts — including three consecutive Memorial Day scare-a-thons — all of which proved far less terrifying than the screamer headlines they inspired.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

History Channel says: Anthrax attacks were an Inside Job

(Original-existentialist cowboy)

Not long after the televised attacks on New York City, US citizens were attacked by the government of the United States itself, though it was hoped that the American people would accept the ruse and swallow an absurd cover that some radical, Islamic terrorist had somehow gotten hold of US "weapons grade" anthrax and was threatening only Democrats and media unfriendly to the Bush junta. Bob Stevens, photo editor for American Media’s tabloid Sun lay critically ill in a Florida hospital diagnosed as having inhaled anthrax. He would die, no doubt a victim of the US government itself. He would join about 3,000 other victims of the treasonous war this government has waged upon the people of America.

In short order, other laced envelopes appeared, most notably letters addressed to Senators Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy. As Ed Encho accucrately points out in the comments section, Tom Daschle was Democratic Senate Majority Leader; Patrick Leahy was Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman. These men might have used their positions to stop the implementation of the USA Patriot Act, a blueprint for the tyranny with which we live now. Method, motive, and opportunity!

re: Rolling Stone's 'Fear Factory' article on Fake Terror

(Original-Winter Patriot)

Rolling Stone has just published a long and fairly good article called "The Fear Factory", which focuses on the FBI's so-called Joint Terrorism Task Forces and their apparent history of fomenting bogus terror -- creating false "terror cells" which they can then bust.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Padilla Sentenced to 17 Years in Prison

(Original-NYT)

Jose Padilla, the Brooklyn-born convert to Islam who was once accused by the government of plotting to detonate a “dirty bomb” in the United States, was sentenced on Tuesday to 17 years and four months in prison for his role in a conspiracy to help Islamic jihadist fighters abroad.

In explaining her decision, Judge Marcia G. Cooke of Federal District Court in Miami acknowledged the gravity of the crimes Mr. Padilla had committed. But she questioned the range and impact of the conspiracy, saying that there was no evidence linking the men to specific acts of terrorism anywhere or that their actions had resulted in death or injury to anyone.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Dark Cloud of 'Al-CIAda

(Full Article)

In times past, one of "Al Qaeda's" websites, alneda.com (al neda means the heavenly call, in arabic) turned out to track back to Berlin, Maryland,. Sarasota, Florida, and Austin, Texas! The fact that Texas and Florida were both governed till recently by two Bush brothers, and that Maryland is Spook Junction territory is a complete coincidence. No doubt.
See: AL QAEDA WEBSITE TRACKS BACK TO MARYLAND?

It sort of puts one in mind of all the "Osama" tapes that can not be independently confirmed. Oh, but I stand corrected! There was one "Osama" tape that was independently confirmed. A prestigious sound lab in Switzerland confirmed to a 95% probability that the voice on the tape was NOT Osama Bin Laden. "
A team from the Lausanne-based Dalle Molle Institute for Perceptual Artificial Intelligence, Idiap, said it was 95% certain the tape does not feature the voice of the al-Qaeda leader." http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2526309.stm

"Shortly before his untimely death, former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook told the House of Commons that "Al Qaeda" is not really a terrorist group but a database of international mujaheddin and arms smugglers used by the CIA and Saudis to funnel guerrillas, arms, and money into Soviet-occupied Afghanistan." (a side note here--as shown in the new movie, Charlie Wilson"s War, at the height of the covert war in Afghanistan against the Russians $1,000,000,000 a year was being spent. Half of this came from the black ops budget in the House of Representatives (completely unknown to the U.S. public, of course) and half, 500 million dollars, came from Saudi Arabia.)

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=BUN20051120&articleId=1291
See also: www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1523838,00.html

So Al Qaeda ------- The Base, is really The Database, and is a completely MI6 and CIA derived origin for the name of that organization. Foreign Secretary Robin Cook died before being able to disclose any more inconvenient truths.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Judge Declares Mistrial for 6 of the Liberty City 7; 7th Defendant found Not Guilty

(Full Story)

Twice the jury had sent notes saying they were unable to decide the fate of the seven men who were accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago and bomb FBI buildings in Miami and elsewhere, Local 10's Rad Berky reported.

The seven men charged were all allegedly caught on FBI surveillance video pledging support to al-Qaida, but the man leading the pledge was an FBI informant. The defense claims the men were just hoping to get money from the informant and had no intention of going ahead with the alleged plot.